photo home-1.jpg photo colordrunktabstest-2-1.jpg photo projects.jpg photo mirror.jpg

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Framed Fabric

Like I have said in my previous posts, I love to decorate and I love the challenge of doing so on a budget.  There are times when I think you have to splurge- on a nice sofa or durable hardware-etc. On any given Tuesday you can find me at one of Atlanta's Homegoods stores. There are six I can get to if I have an entire day. The employees at all of these stores know me-which is funny-but I am not embarrassed that I like to save money. I like to hit up discount stores, flea markets, you name it.  Earlier this week I went to the clearance section of one of my favorite fabric stores and died when I found 6 yards of this John Robshaw fabric for close to $30.





We have already made drapery for a nursery out of this fabric and we paid a lot more than $30. So I was super excited! What are we using it for now? Well, above the dresser in this room is a large blank space. I have been racking my brain trying to think of an inexpensive way to fill that space. I also need to note we had a custom elephant made from the talented Ridley Stallings to go over the crib-so I really didn't want to steal the spotlight from it. So, when I found this fabric I was ecstatic and knew what to do. We will frame it! There are so many ways to go about this and it really is a money saver. Especially if there is a fabric you just love but it doesn't fit in your budget- just order one yard of it and frame it for a unique piece of art. Here are several ways you can hang leftover or extra pieces of fabric:












all images via houzz


1 comment:

  1. Great ideas!! I especially love the room with the twin beds.

    ReplyDelete

09 10